Equal Justice solicitors (“EJS”)
We are looking to recruit a Paralegal, to commence employment in May/June 2019.
We are an award winning specialist employment law firm (www.equaljustice.co.uk) which focuses on providing “affordable representation” to claimants (and responsible employers). We run many of the higher-profile anti-discrimination and whistle-blowing cases.
We are looking for an employee rights minded paralegal to join us on a 12-month FTC. Based in Hammersmith, London you will be responsible for providing support to the firm’s three solicitors.
There is a possibility that the paralegal role will develop into a Trainee Solicitor role in the future.
Job Description/What this job involves
- Admin work including photocopying
- Taking minutes of meetings and distribution of minutes
- Fielding prospective client enquiries
- Analysis of requests for information and prospective client enquiries
- Liaising with prospective and current clients to obtain relevant information/documentation
- Drafting legal claims, schedules of loss, Lists of Documents, witness statements and briefs to Counsel
- Review and collation of documents for Disclosure
- Preparing bills
- Ordering stationery
- Preparing closed files to be dead-filed
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks
Person Specification/to apply you need to be / have:
- LPC qualification
- Graduate with a 2:1 or better degree
- High level of personal integrity and drive
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Previous employment law work an advantage
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of EJS. We believe in recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing all our employees with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief, disability or long-term health condition.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an human rights based, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve positive change in society.
The salary is £17,500 pa to £20,000 pa depending on prior experience and qualifications.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a cover letter setting out why you believe you meet the job description and person spec for the role.
The closing date is Tuesday 14 May 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered.